Former GOP Congressman Warns Trump Is “Deranged,” Cautions “Take Care of Your Family”

Pres. Donald Trump

Former GOP Congressman Joe Walsh delivered a warning to his followers on the morning after the Trump administration’s DOJ announced the establishment of an “anti-weaponization” fund to compensate what it characterizes as “lawfare” victims.

The enormously controversial arrangement, which Republican Congressman Brian Fitzpatrick (R-PA) — a lawyer and former FBI agent — vowed to “kill,” set off alarms on both sides of the aisle, with charges of Trump corruption reaching a new pitch.

Walsh portrayed the moment as a new milestone in what he views as Trump’s long history of corruption and a new level of lawlessness for the United States, a view echoed elsewhere. (See “Trump Just Took Us Somewhere the Country Has Never Been Before,” an editorial in The New York Times.)

Calling the president “deranged” and “dishonest,” Walsh wrote, warning people to be careful, “Good morning, this is what the world looks like with a dishonest, deranged sociopath in the White House. And this is what the world looks like without a United States Congress. Keep your head down. Take care of your family. Stay engaged. Never give up. Resist. Always resist.

[NOTE: The President had already issued a blanket pardon that covered nearly 1,500 people convicted of January 6 crimes, but the fund — established as part of a settlement of a $10 billion lawsuit Trump filed against the IRS — proposes to pay out nearly $1.8 billion to alleged victims of an allegedly overzealous DOJ under Joe Biden and, before Trump’s first term, Barack Obama.]

  MAGA Congressman Slams Jeanine Pirro for Gun-Carry Threat, “Come and Get It”

Senate Majority Leader John Thune (R-SD) said he was “not a big fan” of the fund, which he saw “no purpose” for, while Rep Jamie Raskin (D-MD) called it “pure fraud and highway robbery.” 

MeidasTouch reported that “Don Bacon, David Schweikert, and Mike Rounds have publicly raised questions about the legality and structure of the fund.”

The potential fund payees include people convicted for crimes during the Capitol attack on January 6, 2021, lawmakers who had their phone records examined by Special Counsel Jack Smith, and pro-Trump businesses like MyPillow, whose founder Mike Lindell said he would seek compensation from the fund.

In a separate post, Walsh sent derisive congratulations to MAGA and his former party, excoriating “cowardice, fear” and “caring only about staying in power,” characteristics and conditions he blamed for the current situation.


Raskin called it “nothing but a racket designed to take $1.7 billion of taxpayer dollars out of the Treasury and pour it into a huge slush fund for Trump at DOJ to hand out to his private militia of insurrectionists, rioters, and white supremacists.”

(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *