Police release picture of alleged East Side shooter sought in homicide

Police are asking for the public’s help in identifying the alleged shooter who shot three men, one fatally, earlier this month in the East Side neighborhood.

A picture of the suspected gunman, who they want to identify, was released Wednesday by Chicago police.

Lisandrio Rios Ortiz, 28, died Monday night of a gunshot wound to the flank, a Wednesday autopsy determined, according to the Cook County medical examiner’s office.

A gunman opened fire on Ortiz and two other men on May 11 about 5:40 p.m. in the 9900 block of South Ewing Avenue, Chicago police said.

Ortiz, of the 9600 block of Avenue M, was taken to the University of Chicago Medical Center where he was pronounced dead Monday at 9:40 p.m., according to the medical examiner’s office.

Two other men, 41 and 52, were shot in the abdomen. The younger man was in good condition at Advocate Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn while the 52-year-old man was listed in critical condition at the University of Chicago Medical Center, police said at the time.

No arrests have been made.


Anyone with information about the person pictured should reach out to Area 2 detectives at (312) 747-8271 or submit an anonymous tip at CPDTIP.com and use reference RD # JK250868.

(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)
  Insider Drops Truth Bomb on Vikings’ General Manager Search

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *