Usa new news

NASCAR Chicago Street Race closures announced for July 5-6 event

NASCAR says it will trim closures of Grant Park by nearly two weeks compared to last year for the July 5-6 Chicago Street Race.

Setup and tear-down will happen over 25 days, starting June 19, NASCAR and the city announced in a joint statement Monday.

That’s less than the 38 days needed last year, and a 42% reduction compared with the inaugural race in 2023, which required 43 days.

While the racecourse is unchanged, NASCAR said it will further minimize closures to the park and streets by adjusting its premium seating area east of Columbus Drive. NASCAR said it will move its loading areas to allow Ida B. Wells Drive to be open for 20 more days than it had previously.

NASCAR Chicago Street Race course is unchanged for 2025.

NASCAR

Street closures have been reduced to 18 days this year, a full 7 days less than the first race and one day more than last year, NASCAR said.

This is the third and last race weekend in NASCAR’s three-year deal with the city. The city and NASCAR have the option, if they both agree, to extend the contract for two more years of races.

More information can be found at nascarchicago.com/local-info/

Pre-race activity in Grant Park

Street Closures

Exit mobile version