Phil Cofer opened scoring in the game with a three and Christ Koumadje followed a De’Andre Hunter basket to give the Seminoles an early 5-2 advantage.
Hunter scored on the next trip down the floor and was followed by a Jack Salt lay-up to give Virginia a 6-5 lead.
Koumadje, however, answered with a dunk to send the Seminoles into the first media timeout of the half with a 7-6 lead.
Braxton Key gave UVA the lead back before a 6-0 run by FSU gave the Seminoles a 13-8 lead.Key cut into the lead on a second-chance put-back but Florida State responded with a 7-0 run with the last five coming for Forrest to put the Seminoles ahead 20-10.
Between stoppages in play, De’Andre Hunter, Jack Salt, and Kihei Clark propelled UVA to a 6-0 run that cut the FSU advantage to 20-16 with 7:19 left in the half. MJ Walker ended the run with a pair of free throws before Kyle Guy connected on UVA’s first three of the game to cut the Seminoles lead to 22-19.
FSU, however, went on a 7-0 run to extend their lead to 10 once more.
Kyle Guy responded with a 5-0 run on his own and Kihei Clark hit a pair of free throws to cut the FSU lead to 29-26 with 2:37 left in the half.
Guy’s second three of the game cut the Seminoles lead to 31-29 but MJ Walker responded with a mid-range jumper to extend the lead back to two possessions.
Jack Salt cut it to two before Koumadje ended the first half scoring, sending Florida State to the break with a 35-31 lead.
At the half, Kyle Guy led all scorers with 11 points.
Wahoos247 has in-game updates.
How to watch, stream, listen to tonight’s game
TV: ESPN | Raycom Sports
STREAMING VIDEO: CLICK HERE to watch online
STREAMING RADIO: CLICK HERE to listen online
Below are the game notes courtesy of VirginiaSports:
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. – No. 1 seed Virginia (29-2) plays No. 4 seed Florida State (26-6) in the ACC Tournament Semifinals on Friday, March 15. Tipoff at Spectrum Center is set for 7:00 p.m. ET.
* Virginia went 1-0 vs. Florida State in 2018-19.
* No. 1 seed Virginia earned a share of its ninth ACC regular-season title and fourth since 2014.
* Tony Bennett (Coach of the Year), De’Andre Hunter (All-ACC First Team, Defensive Player of the Year & All-ACC Defensive Team), Kyle Guy (All-ACC First Team) and Ty Jerome (All-ACC Second Team) earned ACC postseason honors on March 11.
* Hunter and Guy earned Sporting News All-America third-team honors.
* Jerome was named ACC Player of the Week on March 11 after averaging 20 points, 10 assists and 3.0 steals in wins against Syracuse and Louisville.
* The Virginia-Florida State contest will be televised on ESPN and Raycom and streamed online on ACC Network Extra (ESPN3.com), TheACC.com and ESPN App. The game will be broadcast on …read more
Source:: Daily times